10 September 2011

Homeopathy


Well, I finally bit the bullet. After researching several colleges that offer Homeopathy courses, I have decided on one and asked them to send me an enrolment pack. I should receive it early next week, and then I have an appointment on Thursday to go over the enrolment papers with my enrolment advisor and get it all set in motion. I will be taking a couple of bridging classes before the commencement of semester 1 next February, just to bring me up to speed with the Chemistry, Math, Biology and statistics I will need for the degree.

I'm a little bit nervous, but also excited. I've decided that once I am enrolled for this course I am 100% committed. No dropouts! I will just have to find a tutor if the going gets tough! There are some BIG subjects in this degree, including human anatomy and physiology, biology, microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry, clinical medicine along with the homeopathic medicine, history of healing, counselling, prescriptive process, clinical examination etc. It will take me a long time to complete the degree, but at the end of it, I will have a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Homeopathy) and be qualified to either open my own practice, or work in a multi-disciplinary medical practice.

The degree program is government accredited, so it is not just some fly by night fancy degree that is not worth the paper it is printed on. I will also qualify for a student loan, which will defray the costs until such time as I am earning enough money to pay it back.

This college also offers an Advanced Diploma in Animal Homeopathy, which I may look at doing later on down the track as well.
So. Here I go. *nervous smile*

Image via justdumbproductions.com

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! that's terrific! Very exciting and you will no doubt be homeopathic legend!

    ReplyDelete