24 November 2011

Chicken Care: Staying cool in the sweltering heat


 





This information was posted on the
Poultry Matters forums today and I felt it was so good that I should share it on my blog.

by Michelle Hernandez

I had been concerned about my flock and had already tried some serious measures. If I could have A/C, I thought, I wanted them to, as well. I started bringing my flock in and putting them in large dog crates in our sun room. Between the chickens, dogs, and cat, not to mention the turkey poults from babysitting, the room looked – and honestly, smelled – a bit like an indoor barnyard. Further, cleaning the crates regularly was a bit impractical for my schedule. I quickly realized this wasn’t going to be a practical longer-term solution, so I started thinking about what else I could do to keep my chickens cool.


Read more: via Chicken Care: Staying Cool in the Sweltering Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment